O'z Ark

Reach For the Sky and Do it NOW

Why You Have Come Here

If you have arrived here seeking sanctity or blessing, then you will have to provide your own cloak and dagger. I only confess to the daily struggle to treat the world with the respect it has earned in my estimation. We all look to the sky and wonder. I feel the whisper of the ages calling and know not what flutter or ripple calls true. My approach is to touch your life in only the manner in which you prefer. As we all must suffer at some time, then I feel we all deserve, also, the right to laugh. My smile is my weapon, and at times my words also I use to defend.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Just update on flora and fauna around the homestead

I was going for an upclose shot of the beautiful luna moth, but the wind was blowing and I only had time to get off one pic before it flew up the middle of the other shrub.
Rebel is feeling so sad and neglected. Eddy has rigged up a hog panel across the front of the steps on the front porch to keep him off while the Maggie has the puppies up there. She gets canned dogfood 4 times a day , and he's stuck with dry food in the dankness of the barn. She's drinking 4 dollar a gallon milk and water from a dish, and he's having to slog through the grasses of the dangerous pond bank. What was he thinking when this all began on a lark in the hay!
Mom ordered climbing roses and they were backordered forever. I had zero expectations that I could get them to bloom after being planted bareroot in July. This one was put next to where I hook up the soaker hose for the tiny garden and look at it go. When it first blooms, it is yellow and deepens to this hot pink.
I should have put something down next to this beetle so the size could be better determined by just looking at it. It is 4 inches long and was in my shoe, yuck.
No matter what, gallardia's(spelling?) just keep blooming-heat-dry-whatever-Jake first planted these about 10 years ago because he picked them out at the store. I would never have all of the flower beds that I do without Jake's strong back and good nature-thanks, buddy.

No comments: