O'z Ark

Reach For the Sky and Do it NOW

Why You Have Come Here

If you have arrived here seeking sanctity or blessing, then you will have to provide your own cloak and dagger. I only confess to the daily struggle to treat the world with the respect it has earned in my estimation. We all look to the sky and wonder. I feel the whisper of the ages calling and know not what flutter or ripple calls true. My approach is to touch your life in only the manner in which you prefer. As we all must suffer at some time, then I feel we all deserve, also, the right to laugh. My smile is my weapon, and at times my words also I use to defend.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Reprint of family and friends letter

I, without shame, due to fatigue, reprint here the letter that I sent out to friends and family today-99.9% of the people who read my blog are on the email list but just in case you are not-enjoy

Hi there friends and family,

we are so proud to announce the attached editions to our zoo of assorted farm animals. Maggie settled in day before yesterday in the confined heat, but safety, of the hay barn and proceeded to spit out puppies, 8 in all. One of them went to puppy heaven before I could get the stuff cleaned off and get it breathing. That leaves 7 puppies for a very small dashchund/corgi mix. All I had was dry dog food on hand as I miscalculated and thought that she wouldn't birth until this weekend. So Maggie has been lapping up all of Eddy's milk, eggs, TV dinners and pot pies. I figure that she is exhausted when she doesn't notice that she's eating frozen peas and fake mashed potatoes.This gives us 9 dogs, 3 cats, 10 mean cantankerous mockingbirds and 5 bluebirds that hatched yesterday. Oh, and assorted wild snakes, dead armadilloes, 2 wild geese and 2 hawks born in the tree by the pond. Just call me Marlon Perkins, or Jim Fowler(who by the way was my grandmother Scott's cousin-Madeline Fowler Scott). If you are on my friends and family and these names mean nothing, it means that you are young and vital. Then you can call me "Jeanie, the crocodile hunter"!Wildlife is abundant around here, domestic animals abound, and husbands used to be friskier and harder to handle-I'm sure that my own show is just around the corner-love and friendship to all,
Jeanie O

No comments: