O'z Ark

Reach For the Sky and Do it NOW

Why You Have Come Here

If you have arrived here seeking sanctity or blessing, then you will have to provide your own cloak and dagger. I only confess to the daily struggle to treat the world with the respect it has earned in my estimation. We all look to the sky and wonder. I feel the whisper of the ages calling and know not what flutter or ripple calls true. My approach is to touch your life in only the manner in which you prefer. As we all must suffer at some time, then I feel we all deserve, also, the right to laugh. My smile is my weapon, and at times my words also I use to defend.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Snowy Contemplation

Okay, the weather is leaving me feeling very locked up in this tiny pocket of peacefulness. I need some sisters and maybe a good fight or two.
We used to fight a lot as sisters, and I mean FIGHT. One famous fight left the door knocked off in our bathroom. I tried to explain about fighting off invaders with my sisters safely in the bathtub as I threw only my 4th grade self against the body snatchers. This explanation didn't fly with dad. He lined us up on the couch, bellies down, and bottoms up. After the wholesale spankings, I was told to bend back over. I would receive some extra licks since I was the oldest and the safety and welfare of the younger siblings rested with me. How was I to be protecting them if I was fighting with them? As I told my father, it was obvious to me that he had never tried to corral my sisters if he thought it was so all-fired easy to do so. He gently patted me on the top of the head, then leaned me over for some more for mouthiness. He didn't truly appreciate my debate skills until I was about 30. I guess he figured that by that time, I wielded my own rod or wooden spoon on my own offspring, and I was worthy of expressing my own views. He does, still, frown when I am in a particularly fine sarcastic frame of mind.
I have included another couple of redos from last spring and summer so that you won't give up and move from lovely Arkansas to crowded Florida. I also include another bee as the discussion and practice of such animals along with the birds will keep you warm on a cold snowy night in January.





And I close this post with me! Tomorrow was to be my 50th birthday party. The flowers and cake are here and perhaps my friends and family will still be able to 4-wheel-drive it for a good laugh. Party or not, I will be 50 tomorrow. A tremendous age that you can better impress people with if you recognize that this is half a century. Isn't that great? Well, one more point before I close.
I have sworn on my life that I will not be out in the snow today to use my camera UNTIL Eddy gets home for work. I grumble and grouch, but my multiple nurse nazis' peace of mind is important to me, so I and you will probably have to wait until tomorrow for some pictures from this snow storm. Well, must go watch my news shows and try to figure out how to get my lauded candidate out of his current mire of believing that he could get this piece of healthcare mess to actually fly.
later,
Jeanie



No comments: