O'z Ark

Reach For the Sky and Do it NOW

Why You Have Come Here

If you have arrived here seeking sanctity or blessing, then you will have to provide your own cloak and dagger. I only confess to the daily struggle to treat the world with the respect it has earned in my estimation. We all look to the sky and wonder. I feel the whisper of the ages calling and know not what flutter or ripple calls true. My approach is to touch your life in only the manner in which you prefer. As we all must suffer at some time, then I feel we all deserve, also, the right to laugh. My smile is my weapon, and at times my words also I use to defend.

Friday, January 29, 2010

My Place on the Pedestal in Jeopardy!

The picture above, Still Life with Peppermint Bottle, painted by Paul Cezanne, hangs right next to my head as I lay on my couch.

Yesterday's Final Jeopardy topic was 19th Century Artists. Alex read the quote "With an apple I will astonish Paris" and showed a still life painting. Staring at the painting, I wrestled with my memory, my run of 10 final Jeopardy answered with surety and correctness in jeopardy. As I lay there, kicking my feet, and saying over and over, "I know this" "I know this", Eddy waited until right before Alex revealed the correct answer or actually question, then casually pointed up above my head, and said, "It wouldn't be that fellow would it" Of course, it was Paul Cezanne. We still are only smiling at each other. I refuse to speak to a man who I thought didn't notice anything around this household! Since I didn't get the answer before the music stopped, he insists that I start all over. Well, okay, today's was, "Who is Hank Aaron" so I am on a run of one!

No comments: