O'z Ark

Reach For the Sky and Do it NOW

Why You Have Come Here

If you have arrived here seeking sanctity or blessing, then you will have to provide your own cloak and dagger. I only confess to the daily struggle to treat the world with the respect it has earned in my estimation. We all look to the sky and wonder. I feel the whisper of the ages calling and know not what flutter or ripple calls true. My approach is to touch your life in only the manner in which you prefer. As we all must suffer at some time, then I feel we all deserve, also, the right to laugh. My smile is my weapon, and at times my words also I use to defend.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Rushing in to help?



I always think of America as the Top Gun. The ones to reach out and be the saviour to those in need. I listened and watched the telethon last night. As I read through material this morning from various friends, blogs, and articles, one writer noted and wondered, "are we jumping in to help in Haiti because of our American guilt for tearing up other parts of the world?" Do we see these people and realize that we personally did too little to help our own in the aftermath of Katrina?

I suppose there are many reasons to reach out when you see misery. I try so hard to reach out in any situation where I see loss or need. I have seen my home in rubble at my feet, and been comforted emotionally and monetarily by complete strangers; people who gave little or a lot because they saw need. I have been at the lowest points when I thought that our lives would not weather the resewing of the fabric as we knew it to be, and received a call or card that renewed hope. I give because someone else gave to me.

No comments: