O'z Ark

Reach For the Sky and Do it NOW

Why You Have Come Here

If you have arrived here seeking sanctity or blessing, then you will have to provide your own cloak and dagger. I only confess to the daily struggle to treat the world with the respect it has earned in my estimation. We all look to the sky and wonder. I feel the whisper of the ages calling and know not what flutter or ripple calls true. My approach is to touch your life in only the manner in which you prefer. As we all must suffer at some time, then I feel we all deserve, also, the right to laugh. My smile is my weapon, and at times my words also I use to defend.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Men Are Just Happier!

I was reading Waka this morning and the post was about the lack of women contributors to Wikipedia.
Well, you know, my brain just isn't wired correctly, or maybe being raised with my father who I think was anticipating an eldest son, or as my sister posted this morning, our father would look at us when we whined(bitched) and say, "well, sis, if that's not bitching, it'll do 'till bitching comes along!", or having a mother who, God forbid, in the South, went to nursing school, in 1964 with 3 girls and left daddy ALONE to cook for himself......whatever the reasons, the four Scott girls have managed to do just fine without feeling set upon by the male world.
As a matter of fact, we sit around and lament the fact that if everyone would just quit talking about the whole gender issue, we women would soon take over the world!
You know the whole, " I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan, and never, ever let you forget you're a man" sexy siren song commercial from way back when kind of empowerment that bottles of wine can give 4 sisters!!

As I was at the gym this morning, my friend posted this on his facebook, and I stole it. I stole it because it makes me laugh, and I've been thinking of reasons for men to be happier all day!
Enjoy!

Men Are Just Happier!

Men Are Just Happier People.

Your last name stays put.

The garage is all yours.

Wedding plans take care of themselves.

Chocolate is just another snack.

You can never be pregnant.

Car mechanics tell you the truth.

The world is your urinal.

You never have to drive to another gas station restroom because this one is just too icky.

You don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt.

Same work, more pay.

Wrinkles add character.

People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them.

New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet.

One mood all the time.

Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat.

You know stuff about tanks and engines.

A ten-day vacation requires only one suitcase.

You can open all your own jars.

You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.

Your underwear is $4.95 for a three-pack. Three pairs of shoes are more than enough. You never have strap problems in public.

You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes.

Everything on your face stays its original color...

The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades.

You only have to shave your face and neck.

You can play with toys all your life.

One wallet and one pair of shoes -- one color for all seasons.

You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look.

You can 'do' your nails with a pocket knife.

You have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache.

You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives on December 24 in 25 minutes.

No wonder men are happier.

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeanie, I found your blog very interesting, pictures are beautiful. When I look at BABY I think of you and Sach both of you were beautiful and still are to me, could be mother and grandmother talking. I am so glad you are writing again, I will do my best to keep up with the blog. Must go work cows with your Dad, life is quite full of surprises, never thought I would be such a rancher ha. mom