O'z Ark

Reach For the Sky and Do it NOW

Why You Have Come Here

If you have arrived here seeking sanctity or blessing, then you will have to provide your own cloak and dagger. I only confess to the daily struggle to treat the world with the respect it has earned in my estimation. We all look to the sky and wonder. I feel the whisper of the ages calling and know not what flutter or ripple calls true. My approach is to touch your life in only the manner in which you prefer. As we all must suffer at some time, then I feel we all deserve, also, the right to laugh. My smile is my weapon, and at times my words also I use to defend.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Unknown....As of Yet!

If you were to write your own life onto the naked page, would honesty guide your pen? Perhaps, you would start out just recording memories. This is an exercise I used when teaching about biographies. Choose a topic: who says that your bio as to begin with, "I was born in Thayer, Missouri on January 30, 1960.

Instead focus on a specific memory and build your life around the heart of it, and slowly weave interlocking strands into a life that people will recognize. If your life will be sticky and touch multitudes of others, then include a family tree in the beginning. Let the reader know that your life has been full of experiences by a chart of wild, crazy, strict, Baptists, Presbyterians, and Methodists!
Then begin to record memories. Forget chapters and chapters of I was born, they were born, we lived here and there.If you are writing, you were probably born! So people are looking for a story.

Daddy says , "she's telling a wild one". Well, my perspective of being taught "Jermiah Was a Bullfrog" is different not wild. I was in elementary school and he was an old man!!From my point of view, being told to stay in from recess because I shouldn't teach other innocent 1969 classmates about helping a frog drink his wine remains HUGE in my report on life. I was smart and did not reveal this stumble on my behavior record to dad until he was 76!Jim Scott did not raise dummies. Get in trouble at school, get in double trouble at home. Telling him last night, he pretty much can't spank me or ground me anymore. Moral-save some of your school troubles for later in life so you can shock your perfect parents!!!

No comments: