O'z Ark

Reach For the Sky and Do it NOW

Why You Have Come Here

If you have arrived here seeking sanctity or blessing, then you will have to provide your own cloak and dagger. I only confess to the daily struggle to treat the world with the respect it has earned in my estimation. We all look to the sky and wonder. I feel the whisper of the ages calling and know not what flutter or ripple calls true. My approach is to touch your life in only the manner in which you prefer. As we all must suffer at some time, then I feel we all deserve, also, the right to laugh. My smile is my weapon, and at times my words also I use to defend.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Science Fair Jitters

Hi Ken Sanders! All of friends are now caught up in the FUN of science fair projects. This brings back such stressful memories! Sach, "Mom, Mr. Sanders says you CAN NOT do any thing for the project" Me,"I can't even type it up for you(the age before computers)" Sach(In his self-important 5th grade voice)"No, I must do all the work myself"
So I'm washing dishes night after night, asking, "have you decided what you are going to do for science project. Sach, I hate last minute stuff" Finally, he grows tired of thinking of projects like the human genome project and decides to time a match box car going down a slope, and does the speed increase if he increases the slope. Okay, So we face the science project board, and when he finishes all the Sach done stuff, graphs, etc., it looks pretty sucky sitting on the kitchen table with a leave out of the table(for his slope) encyclopedias, and a tiny little car.
Now pay attention, here, Kenneth, EDDY walks by and says, "well, too bad you can't take your race track and set it up because that would really demonstrate what you have learned".
People, when Ken Sanders got sight of that racetrack, I got all the blame! He had this huge billboard on his head that said,"this isn't a beauty contest"!!!!!
Of course, every kid crowded around Sach's project. The real project was on the floor laying quietly with a table leaf on stacked encyclopedias, and that tiny little car, and our only watch that would time something.
We have such fun recalling "Mr. Sander's things". The true hallmark of a good teacher, when kids can recall 20 years later what he said, how he said it, and say, "I'd love to talk to him the next time, I am home.
Of course, we have lots of Jake and Mr. Sander's things, but I'll save that for another day! Love, from all the Olivers

No comments: