O'z Ark

Reach For the Sky and Do it NOW

Why You Have Come Here

If you have arrived here seeking sanctity or blessing, then you will have to provide your own cloak and dagger. I only confess to the daily struggle to treat the world with the respect it has earned in my estimation. We all look to the sky and wonder. I feel the whisper of the ages calling and know not what flutter or ripple calls true. My approach is to touch your life in only the manner in which you prefer. As we all must suffer at some time, then I feel we all deserve, also, the right to laugh. My smile is my weapon, and at times my words also I use to defend.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

No Time to Post

I just haven't taken the time to post on my blog or write my friends and family in the last few days. I was inspired to wade through the library downstairs to find, "Wolf Hall", a book that I had remembered was there by a post over at Duff and Nonsense. Then I ordered his recommendation, "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo".

I added those 2 to the stack that includes Diana Gabaldon's latest, "An Echo in the Bone" that I gobbled when it was thrown to me by the UPS guy. He has learned to barely slow down if I perceive that he has a book for me. This time I want to read it slowly and savor all 815 pages.

While I was contemplating where to start, "The White Queen" by Phillipa Gregory whispered to me that she had patiently been sitting there, waiting for her turn as the only book by this author that I haven't read. Then there is the Sharon Kay Penman book beside that one that I want to compare both of their takes on Elizabeth Woodville's life, and the mystery of her two sons. Is there a chance that history and Shakespeare are wrong? Well, I really shouldn't use Shakespeare as an historical reference, but anyway...... I also use Sharon Kay Penman's books to scare away intruders. (Any Sharon Kay Penman book will work for that task as long as you own the hardback version)

The stack of fluffy books like, "The Fashionista Files" and the not-so fluffy books on the philosophy of the mind/brain connections and abilities like "The Mind and the Brain: Neuroplasticity and the Power of Mental Force" and I haven't had time to write.

I am also, allegedly, working on the Oliver Farm's taxes. Uncle Samsonite can wait for his money until the last possible second as long as they are going to use my tax money to do bail-outs, and other big government projects like have Al Gore over for dinner.
Side bar here; I wrote my congress people to tell them my opinion of the whole climate conspiracy. If it were not for the fact that Blanche Lambert Lincoln holds such a powerful seat on the Ag committee, I would let her know that I wasn't so happy with her office's reply by exercising my right to not vote for her. I never have really liked her in the flesh, but she's my Democrat! As well, she should mind her p's and q's or she will see what Massachusetts's saw, a charismatic male ousting the grumpy female!
must go and answer the door,
later

No comments: