O'z Ark

Reach For the Sky and Do it NOW

Why You Have Come Here

If you have arrived here seeking sanctity or blessing, then you will have to provide your own cloak and dagger. I only confess to the daily struggle to treat the world with the respect it has earned in my estimation. We all look to the sky and wonder. I feel the whisper of the ages calling and know not what flutter or ripple calls true. My approach is to touch your life in only the manner in which you prefer. As we all must suffer at some time, then I feel we all deserve, also, the right to laugh. My smile is my weapon, and at times my words also I use to defend.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Too Many Things Ganging Agley at Once


Robbie Burns knew that no matter the size of the creature, one's plans can just keep popping a hole, letting the air out of our expectations. I thought that by this time, I would have recovered from the disastrous attempt to do some testing on my brain by removing the medicine from my system. I was very excited by the prospect of the study of regeneration of damaged nervous systems utilizing neuro-feedback. Alas, I am not a POTS Syndrome patient who can withstand the removal of the vasoconstrictor, Midodrine. The last 2 days have been what I call "bed" days. My blood pressure has hovered around 80/50 which sends my heart rate up to about 170 when I try to navigate the morass of my daily schedule. For me the issue that I hate the worst is the morning, noon, evening, and night sickness. It's like being pregnant and knowing that you will be pregnant the rest of your life! Even the smell of Eddy's shaving lotion sends me into paroxysms of heaves.

I have a long list of things that went agley in the mess of late January and early February. I now have a distribution list for people around the world with POTS Syndrome that I send letters, information, and, hopefully, a smile. I told one young lady(she's only 40) that the best thing to do was start a blog and record her life and struggles. Once she had vented, then the next best thing was to make fun of herself; use her daily struggles as fodder for stand-up comedy. She is trying and that is all one can do when your life is dramatically changed overnight.

I am very fortunate that my children were already on their own, and my life only had to be adjusted to one person, ME!


My list for mice and men:


l. I didn't get to have my birthday party because of 15 inches of snow

2. I erped(I hurled, vomited, upchucked, etc.) on my new rug

3. One of the cats slipped inside and I had to chase it over hill and dale until I cornered it in the shower

4.I had to touch the cat

5. I slipped on the porch and broke by glasses

6.I had Eddy convinced to get me a diamond necklace and the iPhone for my birthday until he saw the cost of the iPhone. (Cheapskate Puritan)

7.I had a terrible nightmare that a stranger grabbed me and took all of my money. While expecting comfort from Eddy at 3:00 am in the morning during my hiccuping and crying, he laughed and said, "you don't have any money"

8.I was so excited that I had lost enough weight to get my Marc Jacob's booties on that I decided to take a picture of me with them on my size nine elegant foundations. Having kept no food in place for 2 days, I was wobbly, tripped in the high heels, and broke my antique mirror

9.While surfing Amazon.com, I decided that I would look at hosiery, checking the sizes, I realized that I qualify as royalty, needing a Queen size. Who's nutty idea was that anyway? Have you seen the Queen of England? Michelle Obama makes 4 of her! Queen size indeed!

10.Today was the last straw. I put my oatmeal in the microwave for 10 minutes instead of 1 minute. I give up. Did you know that not even a hammer will crack oatmeal microwaved for 10 minutes? I went through every curse word that I know in English, French, Russian, Chinese, and Spanish. Now I'm stretched out flat with my nose in the pillow, every window open, and the smell of burned oatmeal drawing every bird in the county to my abode.


Some days, it just doesn't pay to make plans at all. Lay there, feel sorry for yourself, and hope that battery holds out on the laptop! (of course, probably the laptop is giving me cancer again as my friend Malcolm is exploring-just my luck)

No comments: