O'z Ark

Reach For the Sky and Do it NOW

Why You Have Come Here

If you have arrived here seeking sanctity or blessing, then you will have to provide your own cloak and dagger. I only confess to the daily struggle to treat the world with the respect it has earned in my estimation. We all look to the sky and wonder. I feel the whisper of the ages calling and know not what flutter or ripple calls true. My approach is to touch your life in only the manner in which you prefer. As we all must suffer at some time, then I feel we all deserve, also, the right to laugh. My smile is my weapon, and at times my words also I use to defend.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Icy Shock


Google started the morning with an Olympic event on their search page. It has now been changed to snowboarding, and I am sure they will run the gamut of all the events throughout the day. The luge, however, was first-sliding on a sled on your back at speeds in excess of 80 mph. Eddy and I just talked the other night that the Winter Olympics seem so much more dangerous. Not only are the athletes competing at ridiculous speeds, but they must also fight the elements. Cold and surfaces that could change at any given moment. And even though Michael Phelps achievements were spectacular, the pool was the same temperature, the air was controlled, and no unknowns were factored into the mix. More importantly, the pool was a standard that swimmers could see anywhere in the world.
The controversy surrounding the young man's death during his luge practice round really brings home the idea that in the winter Olympics, all things are not equal.

No comments: