O'z Ark

Reach For the Sky and Do it NOW

Why You Have Come Here

If you have arrived here seeking sanctity or blessing, then you will have to provide your own cloak and dagger. I only confess to the daily struggle to treat the world with the respect it has earned in my estimation. We all look to the sky and wonder. I feel the whisper of the ages calling and know not what flutter or ripple calls true. My approach is to touch your life in only the manner in which you prefer. As we all must suffer at some time, then I feel we all deserve, also, the right to laugh. My smile is my weapon, and at times my words also I use to defend.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Time for Camera Glut

My crabapple has never been so loaded with blooms. Despite taking quite a hit from the ice storm, it has shouted with joy this spring. The smell of these blooms is exactly like sweet tarts candy. If I could just capture this for a candle or room spray.
I planted lots of tulips in the fall, but I have become smarter in my fight with the deer over the succulent taste of the bud in spring. This year I only planted new tulips in beds that fall under the nightime protection of the mercury vapor light. This along with the dogs has been enough to keep these garden pests at bay.



Who can ever beat an hyacinth for sheer beauty, smell, and proliferation. This shot was taken up close with the wide-angle lens on so it blurs the background. The great thing about these little troupers is that every single little "grape" contains a seed. You can cover an entire yard in one year if you let them go to seed before mowing them down.

No comments: