O'z Ark

Reach For the Sky and Do it NOW

Why You Have Come Here

If you have arrived here seeking sanctity or blessing, then you will have to provide your own cloak and dagger. I only confess to the daily struggle to treat the world with the respect it has earned in my estimation. We all look to the sky and wonder. I feel the whisper of the ages calling and know not what flutter or ripple calls true. My approach is to touch your life in only the manner in which you prefer. As we all must suffer at some time, then I feel we all deserve, also, the right to laugh. My smile is my weapon, and at times my words also I use to defend.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Dashes of Color

Wet dripping days leave me yearning for something to photograph-by adding a backlight to my crabapple tree, you can highlight the bird's nest that has been in the tree for 3 summers now-please excuse the water droplet on the lens..
The shrub that I don't even know the name of, turns a red delicious color in the winter and stays that way until it turns warm.

4 comments:

troutbirder said...

probably a red twigged dogwood. Beautiful pictures too

jeanie oliver said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my site. I never thought about the red twigged dogwood-is it a shrub?
I bought this at one of those grab a gallon bucket of half-dead plant at Wal-mart one year at the end of the season.
Jeanie Oliver

Anonymous said...

lovely colors you have captured.

I also see the world as a photograph.

O.

jeanie oliver said...

O,
thank you so much-I just love to take pictures-everyday! I am going to do a whole set in black and white after I get the hang of new lenses.
Jeanie Oliver