O'z Ark

Reach For the Sky and Do it NOW

Why You Have Come Here

If you have arrived here seeking sanctity or blessing, then you will have to provide your own cloak and dagger. I only confess to the daily struggle to treat the world with the respect it has earned in my estimation. We all look to the sky and wonder. I feel the whisper of the ages calling and know not what flutter or ripple calls true. My approach is to touch your life in only the manner in which you prefer. As we all must suffer at some time, then I feel we all deserve, also, the right to laugh. My smile is my weapon, and at times my words also I use to defend.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Rent House

I put the rest of the story about the rent house on my other blog because I technically consider it family history. I usually reserve this blog for the nature around the Ozarks thus the name, O'z Ark! However, the rent house has an old-fashioned cellar, dug out of the ground and then cemented out into a room for protection from nature's more violent intervals.
The cistern, placed just under the eaves for catching the rainwater back in the days before running water into the house.
The incredible rock that covers the opening is now weighted down with another piece of what appears to be cement similar to what they poured into the ground. The cover prevented animals and children from falling in. Most of us prefer our water as clear as possible.
The door to the cellar with the cords from an earlier era running from the well-pump that is down there now to the house.
I was going to give you a guided tour of the cellar but there are masses of brown recluse spiders residing in the stairwell. I know that you are used to my upclose shots here, but you will just have to trust me on this information concerning the fauna of this bit of the Ozarks!

No comments: