O'z Ark

Reach For the Sky and Do it NOW

Why You Have Come Here

If you have arrived here seeking sanctity or blessing, then you will have to provide your own cloak and dagger. I only confess to the daily struggle to treat the world with the respect it has earned in my estimation. We all look to the sky and wonder. I feel the whisper of the ages calling and know not what flutter or ripple calls true. My approach is to touch your life in only the manner in which you prefer. As we all must suffer at some time, then I feel we all deserve, also, the right to laugh. My smile is my weapon, and at times my words also I use to defend.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Saturday in the Park


Saturday, while waiting for Eddy to get home from the coop(they worked on the weekend to get the transformers changed in Viola since starting school this past Monday without power didn't seem an option!), I walked down to check on the secret pond. On the way, I passed a pile of cow dung, more commonly called manure here in the Ozarks or even more commonly called sh..... Growing out of the mess of life was a beautiful mushroom or toadstool, not for sure which classification hangs out with manure. Find the beauty in everything; just be sure and wipe off your shoes on the grass before going in the house after such searches.
I unexpectantly caught one of the young herons standing in the lily pads at the edge of the pond. This was the only pic that I got as I bumbled up, crashing and making too much sound to truly be an outdoorswoman. My native ancestors would be mortified. The bird is right smack in the middle of the picture.
This is how I will eventually prove the existence of my bear. Finding the scat will be the first order of business. This animal left his memory for posterity-huge rock by the pond, all the seeds of whatever fruit it found, and, obviously, a digestive tract that has had one too many fruits and vegetables cause it let it go right there. Of course, maybe a bear came along and just scared the crap right out of it!
Ignore the bee-just capturing a different color of morning glory for you.
Well, the non-cat lady is slowly building her own menagerie of felines. Here we have the 2 kittens that Julia gave me along with the old cat that has hung around our barn to the point that I have given up and accepted the inevitable-que sara, que sara, whatever cats will be, will be. The older one is bigger than Maggie, queen mother dog. The chances of getting a pic of them together is nil because she only tolerates the cats as long as they are on top of round bales of hay. Stay out of her sphere. I know that they need names because even the cell phone has a name around here, but I'm still thinking. Their personalities just haven't arisen yet. For right now, they are Cat.
My scarecrow, nearly naked again in the background. The cattle just aren't going to tolerate clothing that close to the fence. They got her hat, or more correctly, her bonnet, her cape, her scarf, and her shirt. I would move her but she's tied really strongly to the fence to keep her upright.

Puppy love with Allison includes having her mom or sister hold them. Jennifer and the girls came out last Saturday afternoon and eased the Oliver boredom. It's amazing how kind you find yourself with your spouse once small children have been here. Perhaps it's a reminder of the possibilities still to come for the young. Perhaps it is the unconditional love they return when you drop everything to play. Perhaps children just make us better people.

No comments: