O'z Ark

Reach For the Sky and Do it NOW

Why You Have Come Here

If you have arrived here seeking sanctity or blessing, then you will have to provide your own cloak and dagger. I only confess to the daily struggle to treat the world with the respect it has earned in my estimation. We all look to the sky and wonder. I feel the whisper of the ages calling and know not what flutter or ripple calls true. My approach is to touch your life in only the manner in which you prefer. As we all must suffer at some time, then I feel we all deserve, also, the right to laugh. My smile is my weapon, and at times my words also I use to defend.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Produce by the Item

Yellow squash that I thought was a crookneck breed-I was wrong!
Ate this one for lunch, just put in microwave and add salt or Cavender's seasoning. On the other hand, if you want the whole southern experience, bread it in cornmeal and fry it. Have also dipped it in flour and catfish stuff, the main position that you want to take, of course, is in front of the frying pan.
Well, while I'm in the kitchen, another good way to fix yellow squash is to slice lengthways and stuff with pre-cooked Stove Top Stuffing. Wrap in foil and slap it on the grill.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tried it sliced into oh, half-inch cross sections, slather olive oil, rubbed pretty thoroughly with lemon zest, fresh ground black pepper, and dried red bell pepper?

Then on to the barby until just softened? Charcoal, not gas of course.

Oh dear, no daylight left.

JK

Hathor said...

Two tablespoons of bacon grease in bottom of cast iron pan, then put in sliced onions and squash when hot, along with as little water and let cook down til skin is tender. As I had it as a child, I now substitute with canola or olive oil.

Jeanie,
You have squash so early, I am not able to set out any plant safely until mid may or early June.

I just got your blog title.