O'z Ark

Reach For the Sky and Do it NOW

Why You Have Come Here

If you have arrived here seeking sanctity or blessing, then you will have to provide your own cloak and dagger. I only confess to the daily struggle to treat the world with the respect it has earned in my estimation. We all look to the sky and wonder. I feel the whisper of the ages calling and know not what flutter or ripple calls true. My approach is to touch your life in only the manner in which you prefer. As we all must suffer at some time, then I feel we all deserve, also, the right to laugh. My smile is my weapon, and at times my words also I use to defend.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Catherine the Great


I might as well write a children's book about a rabbit. One that stole the heart of the tough-minded garden lady by nesting in her catmint and lilly bed. One that had more lives than a cat. Friday, I was down on my knees trying to get a good shot of the dragonflies when it dawned on me that I was eye-level and button nose to nose with a bunny. See this is the key to knowing I've given in. She's a bunny now, making a nest in the safest place she knew. A place that the dogs know will be a great shock to their system if they tromp around in it. So Rebel growled and bunched up his legs, ready for the drama. This was too much up close quiver and shake for my mushy side to take. Bunny was petrified, so I gave Rebel the signal to back down and sit. Leave her alone. Let her give birth there about 3 nibbles from my cabbage. I'll find some other animal to rant and rave about to the world. And while I'm at it, I might as well feed, clothe, and vaccinate her! She will need a name, and I guess that I'll go with a ruthless and famous women, Catherine the Great.













No comments: