O'z Ark

Reach For the Sky and Do it NOW

Why You Have Come Here

If you have arrived here seeking sanctity or blessing, then you will have to provide your own cloak and dagger. I only confess to the daily struggle to treat the world with the respect it has earned in my estimation. We all look to the sky and wonder. I feel the whisper of the ages calling and know not what flutter or ripple calls true. My approach is to touch your life in only the manner in which you prefer. As we all must suffer at some time, then I feel we all deserve, also, the right to laugh. My smile is my weapon, and at times my words also I use to defend.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Spring Fling

During the brief hiccup of a storm this evening, my "old" shrub rose, rugosa something, popped open. I transplanted this from one of my sister's houses on the Spring River. It was huge, but got into a fight with Eddy's weedeater last fall.
Blurry, but I was experimenting with some other settings to see what the results would be. I am very fortunate to live on a HIGH clear hilltop and get plenty of rainbows so the freedom to play in the rainy light is a luxury.

The setting sun was a little weak to handle the task of a really magnificent rainbow. Sorry I didn't take the mule and get closer shots. American Idol is live and there will be other storms!


Low-lying cumulus clouds that formed in the wake of the evening storm that blew through, about the time of American Idol!! I missed some songs to get these pictures. Thank goodness for youtube. These types of clouds are interesting as they form so fast in the mix of hot and cool air and the convection cycle living in the lee of areas like the Salem Knob which rises up around the South Fork river "valley".



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeanie,
Beautiful pics! I had forgotten about you digging that up at Mom's house! It looks beautiful. My plan is to have at least one flower in my yard before summer's end.

Love ya,
Amy

jeanie oliver said...

Amy,
flowers are easy for me, it's veggies, those practical, money-saving products that slip through my hands! It could be they don't interest me much and get neglected!
love ya
Jeanie
I wondered if anyone would remember where that rose came from, it was a mother's day thingy if memory serves me.